We asked a number of our DOXOLOGY grads what their brother pastors should know about DOX. Here is one of the responses, by Pastor Andrew Schroeder in White Plains, Georgia (FL/GA District).
What is DOXOLOGY?
1. Doxology is a community focused on the Business of the Master – the Art of Pastoral Care.
2. Doxology is a way to focus your ministry on caring for and curing the souls whom Christ has placed in our care.
3. Doxology is a way of strengthening your own faith.
4. Doxology is a way of empowering your ministry with the Spirit’s own power.
5. Doxology is a way of restoring the joy of salvation to pastors and through them to those in their care.
6. Doxology is a way of giving pastoral care to pastors.
7. Doxology is a way of giving pastoral care to spouses of pastors and their whole families.
8. In short, Doxology brings to bear on pastors and their families the care, and love, and support of the entire universal Church.
The promises of God are many and manifold. But sometimes in the press of duties, preaching, counseling, the everyday business of the church, those promises can seem far away or almost a footnote to the daily grind. DOXOLOGY can be a way of getting wholeness in Christ back and putting it front and center of your ministry.
And you get the real support of other pastors who know how it goes and will be there for you because Christ was there for all of us first.