Seelsorger is DOXOLOGY’s journal focused on the faithful care and cure of souls in these gray and latter days.
Seelsorger volume 8 (summer 2023) is a topical issue focusing on the intersection of cohabitation and pastoral care. To learn more about volume 8 click here. To order volume 8 in advance click here.
Each Seelsorger features articles by DOXOLOGY’s Collegium Fellows and by special guests. There are also reviews of insightful resources on the care and cure of souls.
Some highlights from Seelsorger Volume 7 (2022):
- Prof. Anthony Esolen, Ph.D. Mission Among the Ruins: Touchstones for Ministry in World that has Lost its Story
- Rev. Dr. Lucas Woodford, Responding to Social Justice & Critical Race Theory, Part II: A Pastoral Guide for Soul Care in Troubled Times
- Rev. Tim Pauls, The Congregation as Family Part 4: Pastor as Surrogate Father
- Book Reviews:
- The Theology of Illness; Mental Disorders and Spiritual Healing: Teachings from the Early Christian East; Theology of the Body, by Jean-Claude Larchet (Harold Senkbeil).
- Funerals: For the Care of Souls, by Tim Petty (Kyle Mietzner).
- Of Good Comfort: Martin Luther’s Letters to the Depressed and their Significance for Pastoral Care Today, by Stephen Pietsch (David Fleming).
- Pastoral Care, by St. Gregory the Great translated by Henry Davis (Rick Marrs).
- Preaching by Heart: How a Classical Practice Helps Contemporary Pastors to Preach without Notes, by Ryan P. Tinetti (Todd Peperkorn).
- Spiritual Friendship, by Aelred of Rievaulx translated by Lawrence C. Braceland (Marcus Nelson).
- Stewardship: For the Care of Souls, by Nathan Meador and Heath Curtis (Aaron Spratt).
- Vocation: The Setting for Human Flourishing, by Michael Berg (Bror Erickson).
- This Too Shall Last: Finding Grace When Suffering Lingers, by K.J. Ramsy (Tim Koch).
Seelsorger Volume 7 (2022) is available at Lulu.com.
We welcome your donations to support Seelsorger and DOXOLOGY’s advanced training for pastors. You may click here to donate with a credit or debit card, or mail contributions to:
DOXOLOGY — Gifts
3415 Tall Oaks Dr.
Brookfield, WI 53045
Thank you very much for your support of our work!
Articles from all Seelsorger volumes can be found here.
Volumes 1-7 can be ordered from Lulu.com by clicking on each image below.