Pastors have labored tirelessly for months to provide faithful Word and Sacrament ministry despite all kinds of COVID-19 prohibitions.
Some pastors, prohibited from offering worship together in-person, and unable to do personal visitations, have experienced discouragement, frustration, anger, anxiety and depletion. Some congregations are struggling with differences of opinion about so many changes and praying that everyone will return to church sometime in 2021. Pastors report that it is a time of weariness.
The “Take Heart!” respite retreat is an advanced, continuing education experience intended to provide respite, rest and renewal for pastors. The respite retreat underscores five major emphases for healthy ministry. Pastors will be equipped to:
1) Diagnose existing challenges emerging in ministry
2) Respond sensitively to difficult issues to provide care, insight, and assistance,
3) Apply spiritual care tools and psychological resources
4) Diminish future discouragement, despair or depletion.
5) Sustain the work of faithful, confident ministry as they return to the parish
The retreat will provide encouragement, enhance confidence, and will strengthen pastors for ministry during COVID colored days. The respite retreat will feature worship, didactic presentations, conversations with the brothers and personal reflection as well as engagement with new strategies and resources. Some pastors have suggested we call the retreat, “Fill Your Tank!”
Click below to learn more and register for one of the following “Take Heart!” respite retreats:
- Jan 27-29, 2021 – Green Lake, WI = event filled
- Feb 3-5, 2021 – Plymouth, IN = event filled
- Feb 8-10, 2021 – Bel Aire, KS
- Apr 19-21, 2021 – Green Lake, WI
- Apr 26-28, 2021 – Plymouth, IN
- May 24-26, 2021 – Bel Aire, KS
- Jun 21 – 23, 2021 – Boise, ID
A Brief Video Introduction to Take Heart!